Enjoy the sounds of the pool water whilst indulging in some well deserved Lido time.
Massage at Thames Lido
We are fully aware of the recent conviction and sentencing of one of our former massage therapists, Toshihide Nukui. We again express our great and genuine sympathy for the victims of his crimes.
We would also like to reassure all guests of Thames Lido that we take the safeguarding of our staff and guests very seriously. For your re-assurance please note the steps we take in our recruitment process –
- Conduct in depth, on site interviews with our Head Therapist which explore their personal and professional backgrounds to date to ensure suitability to our Lido.
- Conduct an on-site trade test with the Head Therapist as second stage to interview.
- Prior to any offer of employment we require at least two professional written references from previous employers.
- Prior to any offer of employment we complete standard DBS checks with the correct registered organisation.
- We recruit employees with at least a level 3 in holistic massage therapies.
- We have dedicated Training Co-ordinators within our massage therapy teams who take each person through approximately 40 hours of one-on-one, and one-on-three, training sessions with each member of staff with meaningful feedback sessions.
- Furthermore, we ensure appraisals are completed regularly and we have staff meetings with open time for feedback. Our teams have the contact details of their manager as well as our Operations Director should any employee wish to bring forward a concern or complaint about a colleague or client at any time.
All of this enables our Head Therapist training coordinators and our teams to get to know each team member thoroughly. Please be assured that we are fully committed to taking every appropriate step to ensure that our massage therapists are appropriately trained, supervised and appraised and that they create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
We have both male & female therapists at the Lido, should you have a strong preference, please add a note when you are booking online or contact our reception team.
If you have been affected by Mr Nukui’s abusive behaviour we would welcome the opportunity to speak or meet with you, if you wish, to discuss the impact on you and what can be done to help or support you. In the first instance please could you contact Mark Thwaites on email@example.com
Our massage treatments are all 60 minutes long and tailored to your specific needs. Before your treatment, you will be asked to complete a consultation form which your therapist will then use to ensure you receive the right massage treatment. All products used are natural and our own formulation, hand made for us in Somerset.